Posted By jordanbrooks on November 30, 2021
Let the holiday decorating commence! Below are some important safety tips for a happy & safe holiday season.
- Use only Underwriters Laboratory (UL) approved lights and cords.
- Use only approved outdoor lights for outdoor use and make sure they are weatherproof.
- Lights should be thoroughly inspected prior to installation.
- Miniature or indoor lights generate less heat and will not dry out the tree as much as larger lights.
- Always unplug all lights and blow out all candles before leaving the house or going to bed.
- Never use candles near trees or windows.
- Never dispose of trees, decorations or wrappings in the fireplace.
- If you choose to use a natural, cut Christmas tree, select only the freshest.
- Needles should bend, not break, when folded.
- Keep the stand full of water and check it daily.
- Keep the tree away from heat sources and heater vents.
- Remove the tree promptly after the holidays or once the needles begin to fall.