Hello Riverwalk Vista Residents. My name is Brittany Hammond and I am your new community manager as of June 7th. I look forward to meeting and working with each and everyone of you. Please do not hesitate to contact me via email email@example.com or by phone at 949-450-0202. It’s a pleasure to be apart of your beautiful community
The Board of Directors is pleased to announce that after discussing with Action Property Management and their payment processing company Revo, homeowners will now have the option to set-up recurring electronic payments with no fee if being payed via “eCheck.” This will give homeowners the option and convenience to make payments online and still avoid paying any payment processing fees.
If you would like to set-up recurring payments with an “eCheck”, please login to your Resident Portal account and on the left-side of the screen, click “Financial” and then “Manage Auto-Pay.” Then under “Select Your Payment Method,” select “New Bank Account.” Fill out the prompts and click “Add Payment Method” and the set-up will be complete!
If you have any questions, please contact Management.
The Board of Directors has created an online form that you may fill out in advance if you would like a topic to be discussed in open forum on your behalf, in an attempt to make the meeting more inclusive for homeowners who are unable to attend. Please note that open forum forms must be submitted by Tuesday, April 27th at 5:00p.m. to be included in the meeting. Below is a link to the open forum form:
We are happy to announce that the pool will be open as of Monday, April 19th! Please read the below information as well as the attached pool rules prior to entering the pool area as there have been some additional safety measures put in place by the Board of Directors to ensure that we are following the Riverside County Health Department recommendations regarding community pool operations during the COVID-19 pandemic:
· The pool will be heated April 19, 2021 through October 31, 2021.
· At this time, only Riverwalk Vista residents are permitted to use the pool facility. No guests are allowed. Only six (6) people per household will be permitted to use the pool at any given time.
· You will be asked by the pool monitor upon arrival to verify your name and address upon entering the facility to ensure that you are a Riverwalk Vista resident.
· Please follow social distancing measures and stay 6ft. apart from others on the pool deck and in the pool itself. It is recommended that you only swim with members of your own household.
· Pool furniture has been spaced 6ft. apart in groups of two lounge chairs. The furniture is on a first come-first serve basis.
· Masks are recommended to be worn on the pool deck, but are not required. It is not recommended that masks be worn in the pool itself.
· Hand sanitizing stations will be available at both entrances to the pool facility.
· The pool monitor will be wiping down/sanitizing the gate handles, restroom door handles, and pool handrails at the beginning, middle, and end of each shift.
· It is recommended that hands be washed frequently with soap and water in the restrooms.
In addition, please be aware that the Board of Directors have approved a new Pool ID Card that will be required for entry to the pool area as of June 1st, 2021. Management will be mailing these Pool ID Cards to each property as soon as they arrive from the manufacturer. Your card will have your property address printed on it, and will serve as your proof of residency for the pool monitor. If your Pool ID Card gets lost/stolen, a new one can be purchased for $10.00.
The Board of Directors and Management would like to thank you for your understanding and patience during the process of re-opening the pool facility during these trying times. If you have any questions regarding the above information, please contact your community manager, Justine Poulton, at firstname.lastname@example.org.